13th National Stakeholders’ Forum Objectives
The overarching objective of the Forum is to create an occasion for productive deliberation on the importance of curbing the menace associated with water pollution, highlight innovative solutions in compliance monitoring and Enforcement for a healthy water regime for sustainable development.
Other Objectives Include:
- To highlight the need for synergy with line MDAs and law enforcement Agencies in fighting Water pollution.
- To highlight best practices and encourage research on innovative solutions to curb Water Pollution.
- To develop strategies that will promote sustainable water management for improved environmental and human health.
- To reawaken the consciousness of the regulated community and other stakeholders on the need to promote proper hygiene and reduce water borne epidemics.
The target audience would comprise all stakeholders and sector players at national, state and local government levels, as well as those in public and private sector whose activities have direct or indirect bearing on environment.
Other Participants include but not limited to:
- Civil Society;
- Academia, Citizens and individual;
- Members of the International Community/Development Partners;
- Relevant MDAs ;
- Law Enforcement Officers and
- The Media.