NESREA 13th National Stakeholders’ Forum
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) is organising her 13th National Stakeholders’ Forum. The event is a key component of NESREA programme on public involvement and citizens’ participation in environmental compliance. The theme for this year’s Stakeholders’ Forum is
‘Water Pollution: Innovative Solutions for Environmental Compliance Monitoring & Enforcement”.
The Federal Government of Nigeria through NESREA has developed and enacted several regulations on water protection to prevent water pollution. These regulations include the following:
– The National Environmental (Wetlands, River Banks and Lake Shores) Regulations, 2009. S. I. No. 26;
– National Environmental (Watershed, Mountainous, Hilly and Catchments Areas) Regulations, 2009. S. I. No. 27;
– National Environmental (Coastal and Marine Area Protection) Regulations, 2011 S.I. No 18;
– National Environmental (Surface and Ground Water Quality Control) Regulations, 2011. S.I. No. 22; and
– National Environmental (Dams and Reservoirs) Regulations, 2014. S.I. No.66.
In line with its Mandate, NESREA carries out several environmental compliance monitoring and enforcement exercises on facilities and makes sure they comply with extant Environmental Rules and Regulations.
This 13th National Stakeholders’ Forum will further deliberate on the causes and effects of water pollution, and explore innovative solutions to effectively stem its tide for the achievement of a cleaner and healthier environment for the present and future generations of Nigerians.
The 13th National Stakeholders’ Forum is scheduled for 29th – 30th October, 2019 at Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, at 9:00AM daily.