CALL FOR CRITIQUE AND POSSIBLE INPUTS TO THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS
The under listed National Environmental Regulations are subjected for review to accommodate current and emerging issues in the respective sectors of the environment:
- National Environmental (Protection of Endangered Species in International Trade) Regulations. The purpose for the review of this regulation is to address domestic trade of listed endangered species.
- National Environmental (Air Quality Control) Regulations, 2020 to accommodate control of emissions from power generating sets. The specific areas (in part IV) that require critique are listed below and highlighted red in the document:
- Registration of Power Generating Sets.
- Emission Standards for Power Generating Sets.
- Prohibition Order on Power Generating Sets
- Generator under Prohibition Order.
- Prohibition Order not to be removed
- Log book to be kept.
- Schedule XV: Emission Standards for Diesel Engines ≤ 800 KW for Generator Sets
- Schedule XVI: Emission Standards for Diesel Engines ≤ 800 KW for Generator Sets
- Schedule XVII: Permissible Emission Levels for Generators That Run on Petrol and Kerosene.
- Schedule XVII: Prohibition Order for Power Generating Set (Petrol and Diesel)
Download the regulations and reporting format below: