Accreditation and Registration of Environmental Consultants
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) is an Agency of the Federal Ministry of Environment with the responsibility to enforce all environmental laws, guidelines, policies, standards, and regulations in Nigeria; and to prohibit processes and the use of equipment or technology that undermine environmental quality. It also has the responsibility to enforce compliance with the provisions of international environmental agreements, protocols, conventions, and treaties to which Nigeria is a signatory.
All Environmental Consultancy Companies/Organizations that are duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and have relevant expertise and proven competence in a broad spectrum of Environmental Issues, and who have not registered with NESREA, are hereby requested to apply for Registration and Accreditation as Environmental Consultants with the Agency.
Each application shall be accompanied with evidence of payment of non-refundable application fee of Twenty-five Thousand Naira (N25,000) only payable through Remita at any bank in favour of National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA). Other documents in photocopies to be submitted with the application letter include:
- Registration Certificate of the Company/Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Article of Memorandum and Association;
- Particulars of Directors of the Company;
- Areas of specialization/expertise such as;
- Environmental Audit;
- Environmental Management Systems;
- Environmental Studies;
- Waste Management;
- Environmental Technology; and
- Environmental Laboratory Services
- Evidence of competence in Environmental Consultancy;
- Evidence of previous jobs successfully completed;
- Evidence of registration with other relevant regulatory bodies; and
- Contact address, including e-mail address and telephone number.
All applications should be submitted on or before Monday, April 23, 2018, with the envelope marked “Application as Environmental Consultant” and addressed to:
The National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency,
No. 4 Oro Ago Street,
Garki II, Abuja
Applicants should collect a receipt upon submission of their applications.
For further enquiries or clarification, please call 08036267736, e-mail: email@example.com
Applicants will be contacted by E-mail for an interview at the NESREA Headquarters, Abuja.